Skinny Fat Kid and I are having a love affair with Frank's Red Hot. I buy the biggest bottle I can and we use it all the time. SFK definitely uses it more, but I love spicy foods as well. I had some leftover potatoes from Potato Skins (not healthy!) and some blue cheese. Rachael Ray to the rescue! She may be a bit crazy, but this recipe is a winner. Baked potato wedges and a warm blue cheese sauce. Can't get any better than that. I've already prefaced that this is not the healthiest meal I make, but I do make some changes to make it a bit healthier than Rachael's original recipe.
Serves 4 (but you can always use more potatoes!)
- 4 Potatoes (or how ever many you want to make)
- 4 tablespoons Frank's Red Hot
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Dollop of low-fat mayo
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450. In a large blow, combine melted butter and hot sauce. Cut potatoes into wedges and toss in hot sauce mixture. Do not discard extra hot sauce mixture!
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange potatoes on sheet and bake, turning once, about 35 minutes. Remove from oven and toss back in bowl with hot sauce.
- In a small saucepan, combine blue cheese, mayo, sour cream and pepper. Heat until warmed through.