Simple solution, chicken fajita bowls! Or platters in my case since I didn't have an appropriate bowl. I was inspired by My Sister's Kitchen on this one. I didn't do much measuring, but will try and remember how this went down....It's kind of one of those things where you can make it how you like it.
- Thinly sliced chicken breast
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Lime juice
- Chili powder - divided
- Cumin - divided
- Frank's hot sauce
- Liquid smoke
- Brown rice
- Green peppers, sliced
- Onion, sliced
- Can of low-sodium diced tomatoes (mostly drained)
- Can black beans
- Desired toppings - jalapenos, salsa, hot sauce, corn, sour cream, cheese, fresh lime
- Marinate chicken in oil, black pepper, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, Frank's and liquid smoke.
- While chicken is marinating, get rice started according to package directions.
- Pre-heat grill to medium high heat and cook chicken until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Add diced tomatoes (mostly drained), cumin and chili powder to rice.
- Saute onion and green pepper together in olive oil or medium heat until veggies are crisp tender.
- Slice chicken. Place rice in bowl or plate, add chicken and green pepper mixture as well as other toppings. Squeeze lime over top.