Cilantro is one of those things that I think people either love or hate. There's no "it's ok" when it comes to cilantro. Recently, this little herb has started to grow on me. I do like it in guac, though I won't put it in my own. Using as some what of a garnish, I can handle. That's exactly what it does in this case. Of course it adds flavor and a few leaves really enhanced this burger!
Recipe adapted from Epicurious
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle in adobo
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tomatillo, husked, rinsed and sliced
- 1/2 small avocado
- cilantro sprigs
- whole wheat hamburger buns
- Preheat grill to medium heat
- Mix turkey, chipotle and garlic until combined. Form into patties (about 4).
- Place burgers on the grill, about 4 minutes.
- Turn over, and top with a slice of cheese. Close grill and cook about 2 minutes more, or until cooked through.
- Assemble burgers with tomatillo, avocado and cilantro.
I didn't even think this burger needed a "sauce". The original recipe suggest mayo, but not being a huge mayo fan I knew that wasn't going to happen.