As usual, I sent Skinny Fat Kid on a hunt for whole wheat dough. Apparently no one would give it up this night. He went to the last place that was on his way from the train to our apartment. They wouldn't give it to him. He offered to pay for a pizza just to get the dough. I don't understand why they won't give it up? Is it because they're dough is that great and they don't want someone passing it off as their own?
Adapted from Cookin' Lean Like Paula Deen
- Large whole wheat pizza dough
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (I should have made my own but used Stubb's Honey Pecan and a dash of hot sauce)
- 1 green apple, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped or shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Roll out dough onto baking sheet or pizza stone. Cover dough with BBQ sauce. Add layers of apple and red onion, followed by chicken and cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until crust is cooked and cheese is bubbly.