- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup brown rice, cooked
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound of protein of choice (shredded beef, ground beef, ground turkey, shredded chicken, shrimp, etc.)
- sliced mushrooms, lightly sauteed
- bean sprouts, lightly sauteed
- sliced zucchini
- carrots, julienned
- chili paste
- Mix together the first three ingredients and set aside.
- Brown up your protein of choice. Add half of the soy sauce mixture after about 5 minutes. Continue cooking until most of liquid is absorbed.
- In another pan, fry the egg until cooked. I like a slightly runny yoke for this, but your choice!
- Divide rice among bowls. Arrange veggies and meat around and top with egg. Drizzle with remaining soy mixture and chili paste to taste.