I have not been able to get a picture that does this little guy justice. He's an adorable, 7 month old lab/boxer mix. So while it is a lot of work, it's also a built in Izzy "exerciser". She has trouble settling down and Mr. Peeps can barely keep up with her. But right now, they're both napping. Such hard work watching sleeping dogs!
Zucchini is one of my favorite vegetables. I dislike bell peppers so I often use zucchini in it's place. Last summer, I tried to grow my own. That was an epic fail. Not even partial. I had no idea what I was doing. I'm always trying to find new and inventive ways to prepare it and found this great recipe!
Adapted from Care's Kitchen
- 1 large zucchini, sliced super thin with veggie peeler. Stop when you get to the seeds because it becomes too moist.
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat chese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons basil, chiffonade
- Black pepper
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar and garlic. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add zucchini, goat cheese, walnuts and basil. Pour oil mixture over top and mix well.
- Add black pepper and additional basil to taste.