I welcomed the long weekend with open arms. We headed to PA to visit Skinny Fat Kid's parents and get out of the city for a few days. On our way home, we surprised Izzy with a pit stop at her best friend Minnie's house! They played for a bit inside before we took a walk to the park. We found a nice big baseball field that was totally fenced it and let them loose. They ran a few laps before Minnie was so tired she could barely keep her eyes open.
With all this craziness, a girl's still gotta eat! I've been all about quick and mostly healthy. I've got a million things to do and don't want to be hanging out in the kitchen all night! One of my favorite go-to meals is pizza. Pick up a whole wheat dough at the pizza place, slap on some good toppings and 10 minutes later, we got dinner. Cooking Light inspired this one and SFK was a huge fan. I almost put more cheese on it but held back and was glad I did!.
- Whole wheat pizza dough
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded (grilled or I just baked my in the oven in some BBQ sauce)
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 6oz blue cheese (less or more depending on your taste)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Roll out dough on to baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Cover dough in BBQ sauce, leaving edge for crust.
- Layer on tomatoes, peppers, chicken and green onions. Top with blue cheese.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, or until dough is cooked through.