This recipe sounds super simple and I was skeptical as I turned my chicken and it looked a tad bit unappetizing. Boy, was I surprised! The caramelized shallot taste was amazing, and I didn't even have enough shallots. I'll be making this again for sure.
We had mashed sweet potatoes and some asparagus with it. I felt totally satisfied after and look forward to Paleo, day 2.
Recipe adapted from paleoplan.com.
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 shallots, sliced into rings
- 2 tbs fresh rosemary, chopped (I used half this and dried. I don't love the taste of rosemary)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- When pan is hot, add shallots and rosemary and cook for a minute.
- Add chicken and pan-fry until golden brown and cooked through.